Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

just call me chevy chase

12-04-03, 08:45 AM   #1  
just call me chevy chase

in Christmas vacation when he does the ol "2 step through the ceiling"...yup, climbing around in the attic looking for Christmas stuff, missed a step and put a nice 2X3 foot hole in the middle of the hallway

in true doityourself fashion i headed off to HD for sheetrock, mud, tape, texture, etc.

cut out the hole, screwed in the sheetrock, put about 10 pounds of mud on it to TRY to get the seams somewhat even..tape, etc.

my question...i still have maybe 1/16 of an inch or less where my seams are, it is floated pretty good but is that enough that it will be noticable?? also, i bought the popcorn in a can texture and that sucker was good for about 3 passes before it was out. it looks like 3 more cans at $10 a pop is what i will need to finish..am i doing something wrong here? final question...is ceiling paint, ceiling paint or will i need to get it mixed to match? i have regular old white ceilings with the popcorn texture....and, do i roll or brush on the paint when done?

thanks.

Sponsored Links

MO

12-04-03, 07:31 PM   #2  
an oops, hey, well looks like my partner coops got ya all fixed up over in walls & lids.

Good luck & Happy Holidays.

Search this Thread