patching drywall

Old 12-08-03, 07:47 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
patching drywall

My dog has clawed big gouges into my drywall in the garage. can i repair this with drywall compound (the gouges do not go all the wall thru) only , or should i use tape over the compond? What about using the fast drying joint compond, is it harder to work with or more expensive? Thanks

Old 12-08-03, 08:05 AM
You can fill in the scratches with mud. No tape required for this job. You can use quick set if you want. Mix enough in a pan and apply. Remember to clean your pan out before it sets up. You won't need a lot of mud for this job. Price will be about the same.

Old 12-08-03, 10:50 AM
T
Thanks, can i use quick set on seamed joints to set my tape and then put regular mud on top for a first coat over the tape.

Thanks

Old 12-08-03, 10:56 AM
mudder
Visiting Guest
yes you can if you only mix as much as you can use in 30-45 minutes as it sets quick.

Old 12-08-03, 11:53 AM
Quick set will hold tape the best. It's not worth it to me to use quick set with tape unless it's a small job. It's takes time to mix up that mud. So I usually just use regular lightweight. By the time you get back to the first coat it is set up enough to coat. I have never had a problem with lightweight holding the tape.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: