Matching wall

Old 01-19-04, 10:22 AM
L
luvkiki
Visiting Guest
Matching wall

I have just spackled and sanded parts of my ceiling and walls in the bathroom...I noticed from previous painting jobs...that the sanded spots do not match the original texture of the wall...these new spots are alot smoother and make the walls like ridiculous...if there anything I can do besides spackling and sanding all of the walls to match? Redoing the walls from scratch is not an option either...do they make any kind of filler I can use to even out the surface??? I want to fix this before priming and painting...thanks in advance...Carol

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-04, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
by the original texture of the wall, do you mean the texture of the roller when painted? You need to roll on the paint using a much larger nap roller to match what is there. If you have textured ceilings you need to describe exactly what you have.

Old 01-19-04, 10:36 AM
L
luvkiki
Visiting Guest
Forgive me but I am a beginner, LOL! I guess it must be the roller...here is what I see when I look at the wall...90% of the wall has a roller look appearance to it...the other 10% is a smoother appearance...this are the sanded areas...this was all there when I moved in...I would say there are about 5-6 spots on the wall with a smoother appearance...now I have just added a few more by scraping peeling paint, spackling and sanding...I do not want to add to the mess by just painting again...by rolling with a large nap roller...will this make all areas look similar?? Or are there still going to be areas that look smoother than the others...as for the ceiling...it is pretty much the same thing...I am not as concerned with the ceiling as I am with the walls...the walls are much more noticable.

Old 01-22-04, 11:31 AM
Any chance you could post a link to a pic of what you've got? I'm not sure if you've got a textured ceiling or not from the post.

Old 01-22-04, 12:08 PM
L
luvkiki
Visiting Guest
I am not too worried about my ceiling...it is the walls that are concerning me...it is not so much that they are textured...its that the sanded spots are smoother then then rest of the wall...I just wanted to know how I could fix this problem without having to redo all of the walls.

Old 01-29-04, 10:55 AM
J
jandrewhamilton
Visiting Guest
I think you can "skim coat" the walls with compound to smooth out the appearance...a thin coat of compound all over the walls...kind of messy with all the sanding but less intruvsive than re-drywalling the room...

Old 01-29-04, 12:59 PM
take a huge nap roller and prime the patches with that. Lets see how that works.