Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

damaged plaster ceiling

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

06-13-00, 06:23 PM   #1  
My plaster ceiling has 200 staple holes and a 1/4" crack the length of the room. The room is 12x 13. I believe there is old wallpaper that has been painted over. Can I texture over the wallpaper, or do I need to cover w/ drywall first?

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

06-13-00, 09:13 PM   #2  
From what you have posted, I would guess that this 1/4" crack has been on ongoing problem. What's causing it? My guess is that the ceiling joists are over spanned. I would suggest correcting the cause of the crack first, and patch it later. If you cover it with another layer of sheetrock, that will probably just crack also. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by j'ouvert:
My plaster ceiling has 200 staple holes and a 1/4" crack the length of the room. The room is 12x 13. I believe there is old wallpaper that has been painted over. Can I texture over the wallpaper, or do I need to cover w/ drywall first?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Search this Thread