Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Applying wall texture

Visiting Guest

02-04-04, 10:15 PM   #1  
bandcpeterson
Applying wall texture

We are ready to apply some type of texture to our newly sheetrocked walls. I've looked on the Internet for pictures of different types of textures and/or tools for applying it, but I haven't found much. Any suggestions? We looked at the mud-dobber, and we're also considering using a hopper and doing a knock-down texture. But I would like to see some other choices before I commit. Thanks for any suggestions!

Sponsored Links

MO

02-05-04, 06:12 AM   #2  
The choices vary as much as people's taste do. With the hopper you can get anything from a sand painted texture to a heavy orange-peel, depending on tip size, air pressure, and mixture consistency.

You can also apply texture with a sponge, a roller, a brush the possibilities are nearly endless. Do a google search for drywall texture & you'll come up over a thousand websites, start surfin & you'll find something you like.

Good idea to practice on some scrap sheetrock, but you can always try it right on the wall & if it doesn't come out right at first, just scrape the wet texture off with a drywall knife, change some settings & try again until you get what you want. Good luck.

Search this Thread