textured plaster tools

Old 03-16-04, 01:40 PM
tpf903
Visiting Guest
textured plaster tools

I have a house that in approximately 80 years old. It has textured walls. The texture area is within a molding in the center of each wall.

I need to reapair sections where the textured plaster fell off.

I want the patched section to match the existing texture.

I was told that there use to be texturing tools that was used back them. It was not a texturing brush but a tool that looked like a mason float with rubber "nubs" or "bump" on the bottom.

Has anyone seen this and know where to find one.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-04, 07:29 PM
Welcome aboard! Don't know the name of the tool you're talking about, but I'll try to find out for you. Give me a day or so.

Old 03-18-04, 06:28 AM
So my plaster pro sources aren't too sure what tool you're looking for either, one thought it sounded like a stipple brush and another suggestion was to make the tool yourself from a rubber mason's trowel & a little cutting & notching.

If you can post a pic of the existing texture you're trying to match, odds are better that we can find the correct method to achieve your desired results. If you have problems with posting pics, see the announcement concering the topic at the top of the Patching & Plastering Topic Menu page.

Old 03-25-04, 05:14 AM
stevetheplaster
Visiting Guest
buy a plastic float to achieve the texture. replaster first then stipple the plaster with a paint roller, then when the plaster is setting use the plastic float to smooth down the plaster to get the pattern you require