Patching Textured drywall

Old 07-01-04, 08:55 PM
CdnSee
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Patching Textured drywall

I am trying to figure out how to patch a textured wall in my new house - I guess I know how to patch the hole but not how to put the texture back - GRRRRRRRR

Old 07-02-04, 06:03 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How big is the patch and what kind of texture do you have?

Old 07-03-04, 04:57 PM
T
Received 48 Upvotes on 41 Posts
There are two broad categories of texture: Those in which the mud is applied and then the texture marked into them and those in which the texture is applied to a smooth, prepared wall. The latter seem more common thee days. Maybe the texture was sprayed. If it is not too large you can use one of those aerosaol textures in a can. I actually have not ever used one. If it is a large part of a wall it can be sparyed like the original. Maybe it was applied by some kind of a stomp technique. The best approach here is to find something similar in size and texture to stomp it with. This could ba a piece of sahg carpet, wadded up news paper or some burlap bags. Dip the stomper into some mud and push it against the wall. Maybe push and twist according to what is there. Experiment on a scrap piece of drywall.
If it is a marked texture find a brush of similar size and coarseness and use the same size strokes to get a match.
If you post a picture and give us the location maybe we can narrow this down for you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: