Can I.... ?

Old 07-06-04, 03:42 PM
MarleneD
Visiting Guest
Question Can I.... ?

I'm sure this has been answered, but the more I hunt and read about plaster this and that the more confused I'm getting.

Ok, I have plaster walls previously finished with flat latex paint. I've washed them down with the TSP no rinse stuff and am in the process of filling in the holes and such with the blue lid lightweight mud. Question is can lightweight mud be used to create a venetian plaster style depth, do I need to use the "green lid" mud, or do I really have to use real honest plaster to create depth? I really need texture and/or faux finish look to hide the uneven areas where the plaster was poorly repaired previously.

Old 07-06-04, 05:16 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can definitely texture with USG plus 3. It won't be venetian plaster. Venetian plaster requires a special product. From a diy standpoint, I think you shoud texture the walls and then you can faux paint. There are a lot of different textures you can do. Sounds like you would like a troweled on texture, right?

Old 07-07-04, 05:32 AM
MarleneD
Visiting Guest
Yes, Coop. More of a troweled on look by making "X"s on the wall with the mud I guess. I checked out the venetian plaster at The Home Depot and it sounded like a real job and a real mess though I liked the look a lot. Thanks for clearing that up.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: