Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

rectangles everywhere!

Visiting Guest

10-28-04, 03:28 PM   #1  
twnolen
rectangles everywhere!

I've been taking down picture frame molding (PFM) from and office, and now I have indented rectangles everywhere!

The walls have knockdown on them with a couple of thick layers of flat paint, and the PFM was painted with glossy enamel. Now I have indented rectangles on all of the walls.

How can I even the rectangles with multiple layers of paint and knockdown?

Sponsored Links

MO

10-30-04, 10:00 PM   #2  
Hey welcome to the forums, sorry for the delayed response, business is booming for me right now, not enough hrs in the day.

Anyway as to your dilema, that's gonna be pretty hard to match up, but it can be done with some trial & error. You need a piece of scrap drywall, cardboard, or plywood to try & match up the texture profile on. You can also practice on the wall, if you don't like what you get scrape it off before it dries though. Look at the top of the page for the "How-To" link, follow that to the walls section, should find all the info you need. Post back if you still have specific questions. Good luck.

Search this Thread