Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Patching and Plastering
Reload this Page >

applying decorative plaster shapes to ceiling

Old 11-08-04, 08:29 AM
ppdewshka
Visiting Guest

i made decorative plaster shapes from molds to apply to my dinning room cieling and need a method to do this. the shapes are light about 1/4'' thick .some type of glue or cement that is very tacky and fast drying. any suggestions would help. thanx.

Old 11-08-04, 01:56 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I would try using some epoxy. Should stick just fine as long as the ceiling is flat (slick) finish.

Old 11-15-04, 11:18 AM
what about Liquid Nails or construction adhesive? both of those stick right away, don't they? isn't that what they use to adhere those round ceiling medallions around chandeliers?

Old 11-15-04, 06:36 PM
J
I like liquid nails along with hot melt glue. Make an X on the back of the piece with the liquid nails and put 4 dots of hot melt glue in the little triangles created by x. If you put a bead of adhesive caulk around the perimeter of the piece[optional] and wipe it as soon as it is adhered you are done.You can also just use the adhesive caulk[phenoseal or similar] instead of the liquid nails.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: