Drywall slight water damage

Old 12-15-04, 11:19 AM
sithlord
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Drywall slight water damage

Hi Everyone, Last night i was woken up because my youngest son had let the water overflow in the upstairs bathroom. Needless to say there was a wet mess. Well we cleaned it up, but there is some damage where it leaked through the ceiling.The drywall is not soft at all, really the only damage i am seeing is at the seam where it loosened the tape. Is it possible since this was an isolated incident that the drywall could be saved? It appears to be drying out very well.

Thanks, Pete

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-04, 12:25 PM
Hi Pete & welcome to the forums. As long as the board hasn't sagged you should be ok to simply repair the tape at the seam. If the water has stained the board I'd use either KILZ or ZAP to cover the stain & then repaint. HTH

Old 12-15-04, 03:06 PM
sithlord
Visiting Guest
That is excellent news! Thank you very very much. It is not sagging at all, the water was not sitting on top of it, it was able to find an exit route, an old unused ceiling light opening that is dead. So it really just drained all over, now i need to get the carpet cleaned as well.........LOL.

Thanks again!

Pete

Old 02-16-05, 01:35 PM
reinsuranceman
Visiting Guest
Question "Repair the tape"....what does that mean?

I'm a neophyte with my first home and have drywall tape on a 120 degree seam literally hanging 6" off that seam for about 4 feet at the ceiling. How to fix this?

Old 02-16-05, 03:13 PM
reinsuranceman welcome to the forums.

You're going to have to post back with a better description of what your talking about or else post up a pic for me to see. Not quite sure what you've got going there.

Old 02-18-05, 03:15 PM
techie_grrrl
Visiting Guest
Hi, all.

OK well I let my sink overflow and I do have a sagging ceiling and it appears that H20 is sitting there.

Any suggestions? HELP!