Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Plastering bath wall

02-19-05, 03:25 PM   #1  
Plastering bath wall

I am going to strip wall paper and plaster the bathroom wall. What type of plaster should I use. I would like a rough finish. Should I use a special type paint in the bathroom ( would like to be able to wash the walls. ) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links

MO

02-20-05, 06:36 AM   #2  
For a bathroom, if you're wanting truely washable walls, you just can't beat a textured bath panel. This is the same stuff you get in a bath surround kit that the home centers sell. The panels are made from PVC, I think it is, basically a plastic. It's like 1/*" thick and cuts with a reversed plywood blade for best results. There are plastic trim pieces for joints between sheets, corners, etc. It can be applied over drywall using liquid nails (but you must get the correct type of LN, it will say it's for bath surrounds on the label)

I don't recommend textured drywall finishes in a bathroom, very hard to keep clean and the nooks and crannies of the texture provide a good foothold for mold, mildew, and other such nasties.

02-20-05, 05:20 PM   #3  
Thanks

Thank you for your thoughts. Will give it some myself!

Search this Thread