peeling, bubbling texture under wallpaper

Old 03-25-05, 04:26 PM
stephb
Visiting Guest
peeling, bubbling texture under wallpaper

After removing wallpaper from a room, I am left with about 15 or so areas where the texture has peeled off ranging from 3”x2” to 12”x6” spots. Also where the seems of the wallpaper were, the texture is slightly cracked over a majority of the seems and it is peeling in spots along the seems also. When you stand back and look at the wall it almost looks like the texture was put over a layer of wallpaper, but this isn’t the case. I have already bought some spackle and spray on texture to correct the problem areas, but I am wondering if I should have the whole wall retextured. I think that I could repair the damage, but not sure if it will just keep peeling. Please help. This is my first ever project of this sort.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-05, 12:13 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums.

Can you tell us a bit more info about what you got going on. You say you've removed wallpaper and now have spots where the textured is peeling? They wallpapered over a textured finish? That had to be attractive. Do you know what the walls are made of? Drywall or plaster. If you don't know tell us as much about the place as you can of better yet if posible a pic is worth a 1000 words as a wise man once said. If you can post some pics, that would be helpful for us to. Get back to us with the additional info and w'll do our best to help you out.

Old 03-26-05, 07:03 AM
Sounds to me like you removed the wallpaper then just textured the walls to hide the bad stuff. Am I right? Let us know.

Search this Thread