Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!


knfenimore's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

07-02-05, 06:23 AM   #1  

I had to remove a section of ceiling. The ceiling it has a thin coat of white plaster with circular patterns stamped all over it. The house was built in the late 80's. Does anyone know what this thin white skim coat is and what was used to make this circular pattern.

Sponsored Links
marksr's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 42,794

07-04-05, 03:40 PM   #2  
It is probably a stomped texture. It is made of thinned down dry wall mud. How thick or thin will alter the texture. It is normally rolled on and then stomped with a wet texture brush [round brush].

Search this Thread