Paneling Repair

Old 07-25-05, 11:55 AM
harper_mommy
Visiting Guest
Question Paneling Repair

Help! I live in an old mobile home with paneling on the walls. There are some spots that need to be repaired, but I am unable to find replacement sheets. Can anyone help me on how to repair this?

Old 07-25-05, 02:33 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 832 Upvotes on 729 Posts
It is doubtfull you can repair the paneling. Unless the panel is solid and the lamination is coming loose [might could be glued back] it is not repairable. As you have found out they no longer make panels with the same color and grain as what you have. You can however hide the damage. Some of the posibilities are - repanel the room, patch with different paneling and paint, install a wainscotting, etc. Hope this helps

Old 07-25-05, 07:16 PM
harper_mommy
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by marksr
It is doubtfull you can repair the paneling. Unless the panel is solid and the lamination is coming loose [might could be glued back] it is not repairable. As you have found out they no longer make panels with the same color and grain as what you have. You can however hide the damage. Some of the posibilities are - repanel the room, patch with different paneling and paint, install a wainscotting, etc. Hope this helps
Thanks for your input, I am not sure yet what I will do, it is only a rental! Just trying to make it look okay...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: