plastering edges


Old 10-26-05, 11:07 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
plastering edges

I live in a 1930's house. I have been decorating the lounge, removing old wallpaper from above the picture rails and the ceiling. Unfortunately as I have removed the wallpaper the plaster has come away with it revealing the laths. I have managed to plaster over most of the holes except for the area above the bay window. It looks like the previous owner has repaired the bay window ceiling replacing it with plasterboard.

What do I do to make a professional job on the edges and make them square? It looks a mess and as a woman I don't know where to start!!!!!

I would appreciate your comments!!!! A training DIYer

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-05, 04:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
is any body there. i,m realy waiting for advice
Old 10-27-05, 11:26 PM
mjd2k's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canadian Prairies
Posts: 352
Do you mean the edges of the holes you created or the edges of the bay window ceiling where it meets the wall? It sounds like you alreay are adept at repairing holes so you must mean the wall/ceiling joint.
My nest question is why do you need to repair it? If you need to redo the entire ceiling/wall joint, you would probably need to tape the edges and treat it just like a corner joint.
Maybe try to describe your problem a little clearer.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes