Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Plaster vs. Drywall?

Visiting Guest

03-10-06, 10:48 AM   #1  
Jillypad
Plaster vs. Drywall?

I posted this in the construction area first, but then found this area......
I am going to be getting labor quotes for the drywall or plaster in my new home, approximately 1500 square feet with a few high ceilings and returns for both windows and doors. So far, I spoke to one plaster/hardcoat person who said it would be about $6600 labor to hang and finish- seemed high but I had heard that was definitely the more expensive way to go. Does that seem like a fair price? What should I expect with drywall labor prices? Anything to look out for, any lines to be wary of while talking to them?
Thanks for the assistance!!!

Sponsored Links

MO

03-17-06, 08:21 AM   #2  
That would be a fair to slightly high price for a plaster man to do your work and plaster is always going to cost your at least double what sheetrock will cost you for the same amount of ftg. Alot depends on what kind of quality you're looking for, real plaster is desirable and a higher quality finish than the drywall will be, but you get what you pay for. HTH

Search this Thread