help with fixing this hole

Old 09-23-06, 02:30 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
help with fixing this hole

Hello,

I would like to patch this hole that the hvac techs expertly bored out using a sledgehammer.

We bought this house about a year ago and i knew about this, but put it on my "to do list".

Any advise on how to properly fix it would be appreciated.
Thanks.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n64/ohboy_05/holeinwall003.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n64/ohboy_05/holeinwall002.jpg

Old 09-23-06, 08:39 PM
If this was a professional installation they owe you a better job then that. No one making a living at installing HVAC should get away with that.
The best way to correct the problem is to call your installer and have them repair the damage to your house and install it properly.

Old 09-23-06, 09:08 PM
It sounds like he bought the house with the hole. Get some pipe insulation and wrap the pipes first to protect them. get some mortar mix and bricks or small stones and cement them in place around the pipes, do a little at a time and then smooth over the hole with the same mix on both sides.
Frank

Old 09-23-06, 09:44 PM
O
Thanks for your replies.

Yes, i think Frank99 provided good advice and will prove to be an easy solution to this problem.

I still have a hard time believing they could cut the original installers a check after seeing that.

Again, thank you!

And yes, i failed to mention we did buy the house with knowledge of this beforehand.

Old 09-24-06, 07:56 PM
Good luck patching the hole. You stated that you bought the house a year ago and those pipes look like they were installed a few years ago thats what gave it away.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: