Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Faux Wainscoting

10-23-06, 04:21 PM   #1  
Faux Wainscoting

I'm going to paint all of the 1970s dark paneling in my house. I have an idea for the dining room...Has anyone ever done a faux wainscoting look by using the existing wall paneling? I'm thinking about doing an orange peel texture on the top part of the wall (first filling in the vertical lines with painters' caulk before priming), attaching a decorative mouldingunder it and treating the paneling like wainscoting (in a different color than the textured part above the moulding. Any such experience out there?

Fremont in WA

Sponsored Links

MO

10-24-06, 10:04 AM   #2  
that "looks" like what's been done in my house. it looks beautiful. painted paneling below a gorgeous chair rail, textured drywall above & a beautiful crown moulding at the top.

BUT, the top part really is drywall. i think i've read here that paneling covered with joint compound doesn't work because the j/c cracks. maybe it's because the paneling isn't as rigid as drywall.

i'm moving this post to the Patching & Plastering topic for more info........

Search this Thread