Plaster spots

Old 12-27-06, 12:10 PM
Plaster spots

Moved into a home that must have been plastered and painted in a hurry - I notice that there are "plaster spots" showing through the paint in the kitchen...How do I repair these spots that apparently were not sanded well nor primed before paint application?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-06, 01:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the diy forums

I assume you have drywall and the areas that have joint compound show. It is hard to sand over painted j/c but it is easy to skim j/c over the bad spots. If the kitchen was painted with enamel you should sand lightly before applying j/c - flat paint can have mud applied without sanding first.

Once the walls look and feel good you will need to prime them, then top coat with a quality latex paint.

After the defects are repaired and painted you will have transformed your typical builder tract home into a custom home

Old 12-27-06, 03:12 PM
Group Moderator
Remember that if the wall doesn't look good before you apply the paint, it probably won't look good afterward.

Old 12-27-06, 03:16 PM
Smile Gratitude

Thanks for the information - we are fortunate that this problem is only found in one room...that should be easy enough to tackle...joejoe