Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Patching and Plastering
Reload this Page >

Seeking Tips for patching dry wall & Texture

Old 08-27-07, 01:04 PM

Hi

I have couple of corners in the kitchen that I changed from the right angle corner to bullnose. I removed the old metal and replaced with bullnose metal then applided on one of them the mud to even it out. It looks like I need couple more passes to feather it to the existing wall. Once I am done with the mud, I intend to use the spray can for texture to match the existing wall (orange peel). Any tips on the mud and how to texture using the can, such as how far to apply it, waiting period to dry, how much to apply is appreciated.

Thanks
Njarif

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-07, 03:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Orange peel texture can vary some depending on how it was mixed and shot. You might want to practice a little on some cardboard to learn what works best for you when spraying it. If you do mess up applying the texture it is a simple matter to wipe it off wet or sand it off when dry and reapply the texture. Be sure to cover everything up well because texture spray is always messy!