Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

stucco plaster ceiling

IL

12-27-07, 10:15 AM   #1  
stucco plaster ceiling

any ideas on cleaning this seemingly impossible surface ??:

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

12-27-07, 12:54 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums!

What is on the ceiling that needs cleaning?
Generally ceilings don't get dirty enough to need cleaning [other than smoke or grease] It's usually best to repaint the ceiling.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

IL

12-27-07, 01:10 PM   #3  
stucco ceiling cleaning

Posted By: rayokeefe any ideas on cleaning this seemingly impossible surface ??:
ceiling is about eight years old and is a little dingy looking. this is a living and dining room and spraying it is beyond me. that's why i wonfered about cleaning it somehow.
thanks for the reply !

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

12-27-07, 01:22 PM   #4  
You should be able to paint it with a brush and roller. Even if you wash the ceiling, it will probably end up blotchy looking.

If you can provide a pic or better describe the texture, we can tell you which roller nap sizes will work best.

While I almost always spray ceilings on new construction, I rarely ever do any spraying in an occupied dwelling.

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

WI

12-27-07, 04:34 PM   #5  
Posted By: marksr [other than smoke or grease]
And candle soot. What a nightmare THAT is. Can make a dwelling that could have been touched up cost the landlord $600 for total repaint.

IL

12-27-07, 05:48 PM   #6  
Just prime the entire ceiling and apply two finish coats of paint from Sherwin Williams and be done with it. Your work will look professional. The roller you use will be of utmost importance!! Covering EVERYTHING with texture ceilings is important as well. Picture please.

IL

12-27-07, 06:46 PM   #7  
Posted By: marksr You should be able to paint it with a brush and roller. Even if you wash the ceiling, it will probably end up blotchy looking.

If you can provide a pic or better describe the texture, we can tell you which roller nap sizes will work best.

While I almost always spray ceilings on new construction, I rarely ever do any spraying in an occupied dwelling.
ceiling surface is pretty rough. i have a small pic of it but don't know how to send with post.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

12-28-07, 03:27 AM   #8  
"i have a small pic of it but don't know how to send with post"

I don't exactly know either
use a free site/service like photobucket.com

IL

12-28-07, 08:58 PM   #9  
What is the size of this ceiling?

Search this Thread