Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Help! Remodel Nightmare.

01-28-08, 12:21 PM   #1  
Help! Remodel Nightmare.

Several years ago, we tried to peel wallpaper off a small bathroom. We discovered that the wallpaper was put directly onto the sheetrock and it wouldn't budge. What little we were able to peel off, began tearing up the sheetrock. So my husband decided we would just put a heavily textured paint over it. So that's what we did. I'm not crazy about it, but it will do.

When hubby was out of town a bit later, I painted over wallpaper in our formal dining room and kitchen / eat in kitchen. Wallpaper wouldn't come off. Same situation.

Fast forward to present. I wanted to paint the formal dining room again. Keep in mind, it already has one coat of paint over wallpaper. Hubby hated that you could faintly see the wallpaper seams. Again, we decided to do the textured paint. Well, I hate it. It's a beautiful color but the textured paint looks horrible. Now I don't know what to do with it. And to make matters worse, it's a deep red color. Hubby says we have to somehow get that wallpaper off. Can this be done now that several heavy coats of paint are on top of it. What can I do?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

01-28-08, 03:12 PM   #2  
asked and answered in the wallpaper section

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Search this Thread