Special mud for green watercheck drywall?

Old 04-20-08, 04:59 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Special mud for green watercheck drywall?

Hey Gang!
So we are about to begin the drywall phase of the bath remodel. We are using the green watercheck drywall and I need to know if there is special "green" watercheck mud I should use or if regular mud is good to use. Just a standard 6'x8' bathroom... nothing unusual. Thanks!

Old 04-20-08, 11:01 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Use a setting compound for the seams. Don't use greenboard in a wet area, period. If you plan on tiling, use cbu (concrete backer underlayment), mesh tape made for the cbu and thinset to cover the joints. If the area you have is not in a wet area, you may be able to use regular drywall instead of having to go to the expense of greenboard. Personal choice.

Old 04-20-08, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Greenboard on everything and cement board around the tub. Hot mix Durabond around the tub but any joint compound elsewhere is ok. Use Sherwin Williams "Bathpaint" is the crucial step for a long trouble free remodel. Prime and two finish coats of this stuff will last I guarantee it from experience.

Old 04-20-08, 08:38 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Thanks for sharing about the SWP Bathpaint. SWP is the only action in town here. I need to paint my kitchen and bath in my rental. It has been a while since I have painted, and am looking forward to trying a new product. I like the idea that it is low VOC. I had put off painting this past winter because I wanted to be able to open the windows and doors.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: