drywall texturing

Old 04-27-08, 11:24 AM
drywall texturing

Anyone know an easy way to remove texture from a bathroom ceiling? It's just the light/orangepeel texture, NOT popcorn. It's been painted so it's kind of 'sealed' from moisture.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-08, 11:54 AM
You cant remove it but you can cover it up. You need to skim the ceiling with drywall mud. three coats will do.

Old 04-27-08, 01:01 PM
Try sanding it down with a pole sander using 60 grit or less sandpaper before three coats of Joint Compound.

Old 05-06-08, 11:59 AM
I ask because I replaced one section of the drywall on a pitched ceiling (pitch comes to a joint from two sides. I was planning on either removing all of the texture on the existing ceiling and retexturing the whole ceiling so it all matches, or just smoothing the existing ceiling to the smoothness of the new drywall. The walls of this room are textured, as is the rest of the house. Does anyone have any design/technique advice for this pain-in-the-butt project?

Old 05-06-08, 05:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You should be able to just texture the new board and blend it in ok. I know it can be done with an air compressor and hopper gun, not sure if you can get the same results with aersol cans.