Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

What to use to patch composite material with?

DixieH's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 71

05-07-08, 09:34 PM   #1  
What to use to patch composite material with?

I own a rental condo in which some unknown previous guest made an attempt to hack & gash their way into the owner's privacy closet..

There wasn't anything in there valuable anyway...however, they left a 'lasting impression' on the door facing close to the door knob..

The face of the closet door (and possibly the entire door) seems to be made out of some sort of composite material..

I know that you can't use wood filler or plaster to fix this place...however, I don't know what kind of stuff there is out there that's commercially available to fix this ugly spot..

Anybody out there got any suggestions for patching this unwanted (not to mention unsightly) place on my closet door?:

Sponsored Links
2000's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,019

05-07-08, 09:56 PM   #2  
The core of the door is known as a PC core. Patch it with Bondo. Boring a couple of small holes from the corner toward the center of the door at an angle, before filling, will help anchor the patch on the corner.

marksr's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 42,810

05-08-08, 04:25 AM   #3  
You could also use a drywall setting compound like durabond. Short of replacing the door all you can do is dress it up or camouflage the damage.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Search this Thread