Texture woes

Old 09-18-00, 02:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

Hello,

My son recently moved out to go to college. The room he just vacated had many holes in the walls. I've patched the holes and now am left wondering how I can match the texture. It looks like little bits of sand mixed in the paint. My patches are smooth. Do I buy a special sand paint or what?? If its not possible to match this, how would I go about texturing the whole room? Preferably something cheap and easy.

Thanks

Old 09-18-00, 02:56 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hello,

Texture matching is an art, and very difficult to do even for the artists I would recommend you going over the texture with a knock-down. You can either hire a proffesional or try to do it yourself. If you want to do it yourself, I would recommend you buy a mud-dobber. Look for it in the links section.

Good Luck!

Old 09-18-00, 05:52 PM
Visiting Guest
Yes, texture is hard to match, the cheapest way out is buying the sand additive for paint at your local paint store, mix enough to the drywall primer just to do the job(no use wasting the whole can of primer) depending on how heavy the existing texture is will determin the amount of sand to put in the primer. Use a roller to apply. Don't go too heavy because you can always roll on more after it dries. When you get the desired match, let dry and paint.

I personally don't care for sand texture and probably would go with texturwiz's way, or a simular texture.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: