Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Homax Paint Texturizer?

TX

06-28-08, 11:44 AM   #1  
Homax Paint Texturizer?

I bought a house where every wall has inconsistent rolled on texture. It's not a lot of texture. I also have cracks above the windows and doorways when termite shields were put under the house so I have some sheetrock and mudding repair to do.

I need to paint 4 rooms and would like the texture to at least not be so boldly different. Does anyone recommend using the Homax Paint texture? I know it's rough to the touch, but am wondering if this is an easy way to acheive a cosmetic problem.

Will it last? Can I paint over it in years to come?

Thanks,
Ellen

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

06-28-08, 02:48 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums Ellen!

I'm not familiar with Homax paint texture - is it a texture paint?
Most textures can be made from thinned down joint ccompound. If the walls have an uneven texture now - most any texture other than heavy] will show uneven over the existing texture. The correct fix would be to sand smooth or skim coat the walls. You can then either leave the walls slick or apply the texture of your choice.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

TX

06-30-08, 05:03 AM   #3  
I had a neighbor come over and look at it. He said he'd help me and show me how to skim coat the walls. He has a texture gun as well. It just feels like such a big endeavor. But I hope to live in this house for many years, so I guess I'd better get it right!
Thanks for your suggestion.

Search this Thread