Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

how to fix cracks?

IL

09-21-08, 07:48 AM   #1  
how to fix cracks?

a couple questions:

1. my driveway is made of very small stones, now there is a cracks in the corner, does anyone know what kind of glue or sealant that can be used to fill the crack?

2. the wood garage door also a crack, how to fix it?

3. the brick on the outside wall of the fireplace has a small crack, how to fix it?

4. how to hang a picture on the brick wall of the fireplace in the family room? can I just use drill to drill a hole in the brick and use anchors?

btw: does anyone know why I can't post attachment? I'd like to post some photos to show the cracks.

thank you!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

09-22-08, 05:34 AM   #2  
I don't know exactly how but most post pics using a free site like www.photobucket.com

#1 - maybe a clear silicone caulk

#2 - where is the crack? on a joint you would use a paintable caulking. In the middle of a piece of wood you could either use a wood filler or caulking although caulking won't make the crack completely invisable.

#3 - mortar or a mortar like caulk

#4 - yes, be sure to use a masonary bit.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

IL

10-19-08, 05:48 AM   #3  
Patching

TO ALL OF THE ?'S FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS HOW MUCH TO YOU WANT TO REPAIR, ONLY REMOVE THE LOSE STUFF AND (V) IT OUT CLEAN OUT HOLES OR CRAKS REAL WELL FOR PLASTER I WOULD USE A SPACKLING PASTE AND FOR CONCRETE THE ARE A NUMBER OF PRODUCTS OUT THERE ONE IS ACONCRETE LEVELER IT SEEKS IT OWN HIEGHT BUT ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE CRACKS ARE CLEAN YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE LOCAL DEPARTMENT STORE IF USE A HYD. CEMENT MAKE SURE YOU USE A CONCRETE BINDER

Search this Thread