Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Patching and Plastering
Reload this Page >

Small hole on top of stainless steel sink surface

Old 02-20-09, 08:39 AM

Hi,

On the top of my kitchen sink, underneath where the dishwashing rack goes, there's a small hole which leaks water on to the kitchen cupboard doors when the washed dishes are draining. At the moment, I've got a tea towel underneath the rack, but would like to properly patch the hole. What's the best material to use?
Regards

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-09, 11:52 AM
I'm going to assume that appearance is not your first concern as there really isn't a way to patch the sink without being able to see the patch.Also what ultimately needs to be done is replace the sink with a better made one.Only lower end sinks get holes as the stainless alloy used is one that does not stop corrosion.

There are a variety of similar products that will works as a water stopping patch.Some are specifric for metal some more general.Mettalic patching products are metal based or synthetic metal looking patching products usually located with glues in a retail store.Also,epoxy putty products,which are two part and require hand mixing,are possible choices but will not look as much like metal.

Common names in the metal products are "liquid solder" and "liquid steel".a common name in the epoxy putty products is "PC7" but in both cases there are many versions.

Go to a real hardware store and ask saleshelp for recommendations.

Old 02-20-09, 06:38 PM
Thank you very much. As I'm a renter, I'll have to fix it best I can,

Cheers