Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

drywall and wallpaper

03-12-09, 11:34 AM   #1  
drywall and wallpaper

I have wall that had wallpaper. I remove it and now there is only there draywall left. I want to paint it but should I give it a finish first like texturizing. If so what should I do it with? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

TN

03-12-09, 03:08 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums!

What shape is the drywall in? Did any of the drywall paper face bet torn? Were you able to remove all the wallpaper adhesive?

The answer to these questions will determine what the next step should be.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

03-12-09, 05:49 PM   #3  
It is very clean. there is no adhesive left on the drywall. It is a bathroom wall.Thank you

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

03-13-09, 03:38 AM   #4  
You should be good to go. You can repaint without using a primer if the underlying paint is latex. If it is oil base, you either need to stay with oil base enamel or use a solvent based primer if you wish to switch to latex. Here's some info if you need help determining what type of paint is currently on the walls. http://forum.doityourself.com/painti...latex-oil.html

Only you can decide if you want to texture the wall
Most textures can be made using thinned down joint compound. Is there a particular texture you would like to use?

03-13-09, 09:10 AM   #5  
actually the walls don't have paint on it. All the walls in the house have this finish look very uneven like when you splash mud on a surface and try to make it even. I will like that on the bathroom wall.How can I do it?. Thank you

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

03-13-09, 11:36 AM   #6  
The walls probably had some type of coating on them, otherwise it would have been near impossible to remove the wallpaper without damaging the wall.

It sounds like your walls may have venitian plaster on them. Unfortunately, I don't now much about it . . . but there are others on the forum that do

Search this Thread