Repair larger nail holes

Old 03-22-09, 11:51 AM
Repair larger nail holes

I had a towel rod hanging in our living room, we have a kitten, which decided to rip out the rod from the wall. So I patched the holes using some nail hole filler, and used some drywall anchors (metal kind, where when you tighten the screw it expands a metal anchor behind the dry wall).

So, I come home today, and find that the cat has done it again I think it's probably because I put the new anchor where I had previously patched the wall, and it was not strong enough.

Well, now I have a big hole in the wall (probably a third of an inch) that I first need to patch somehow. And then I need to re-attach the curtain rod bracket to the wall. First, whats the best way to patch this now larger hole? and second, is there anything strong enough that I can use to anchor the bracket in the same place? If I move the bracket out further, I need to also move the other side to make it look even, so ideally I want to put it back in the same place. But obviously, I don't want to patch this hole only for the cat (who is really skating on thin ice now) to pull it out of the wall again.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-09, 12:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Have you tried the spring type toggle bolts? It will require a hole about that size in order to get the spring unit into the wall. Place the bolt through the bracket then into the spring wing. Collapse the spring wing and place it into the hole and tighten the screw. It should hold until the cat reaches puberty, anyway.

Old 03-23-09, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Have you tried the spring type toggle bolts? It will require a hole about that size in order to get the spring unit into the wall. Place the bolt through the bracket then into the spring wing. Collapse the spring wing and place it into the hole and tighten the screw. It should hold until the cat reaches puberty, anyway.
Is that the toggle bolt that has the white plastic looking toggle? I have not yet tried those, but will give them a shot. Right now I am just repairing the hole that's there (it's a mess, as when the cat pulled it out it made the hole bigger).

At this rate the cat will not reach puberty!!

Old 06-01-09, 05:56 AM
don't want to speak for Chandler, but I think these are the type of toggle meant. Gotta love a determined kitty.... Beer 4U2