Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Mud swirl repair, texas

04-08-09, 12:28 PM   #1  
Mud swirl repair, texas

I have Mud Swirls throughout my home and are in need of some repair, looking for someone with skills to assist.

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

WI

04-10-09, 04:59 PM   #2  
Why do they need repair? And how much has to be done?

I did a pretty satisfactory job blending into an existing swirl. I believe I used a wallpaper brush. The brush is longer than the exposed swirl, but you might need that to get the radius correct, when you pivot the brush with the one end remaining still. But when you get the overlap right and the direction you are going in correct, the exposed swirl winds up pretty correct. Then, if you are dealing with trying to blend your new sharp-edged swirls into the old rounded off swirls, due to lots of paint over the years, you can take a damp sponge, when the ready mix mud dries, and cause the sharp cuts of the swirl to round off.

04-11-09, 08:37 AM   #3  
mudd swirls

I'm attaching a picture, hopefully this will help. I can forward pictures via my email address to yours. Send me an email at ................ and I'll forward as on this site it will not allow me to attach images.

Thanks

Last edited by Shadeladie; 04-11-09 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Email address removed for your safety.

MO

04-14-09, 10:28 PM   #4  
you can add images here, but the images must be uploaded to a hosted website, such as snapfish.com, then when you click the add image icon at the top of the reply box it will prompt you to type in the web address where the image is located.

Search this Thread