Old 04-18-09, 10:43 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1

I find that when it rains, dampness seeps through the walls of my condo (I'm on the 14th floor) and causes the paint and plaster on my interior walls to peel. I just saw a commercial for Drylock, would you recommend using it to help my problem or could you suggest a way to repaint my walls and eliminate my peeling problems?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-09, 02:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 43,804
Welcome to the forums!

Drylok is a coating that is most often used for sealing interior block/masonary walls when it isn't feasable to seal out the moisture from the exterior. It isn't for and won't stop moisture when applied to drywall or plaster.

If you can't seal it the walls on the exterior, you would need to remove the drywall/plaster from the exterior walls and then apply the drylok. It would seem to me that this would be an issue that should be addressed by the condo association or whoever maintains the exterior and other common areas.
Old 04-20-09, 07:27 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,986
That's correct. I used to do a lot of waterproofing at a complex. The condo paid for us to dig & seal the foundation. There was a woman who was disgusted with the board & hired us directly but that only happened once. Drylock is good but you only get 100 sq feet out of a gallon instead of the 400 you might get with paint.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes