Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Rapid Coat Joint Compound

PA

04-22-09, 12:25 PM   #1  
Rapid Coat Joint Compound

Hello,
I just wanted to comment on this product I started using. I am remodeling a room in my house and had 2 1 gal. buckets of the standard drywall joint compound left that I bought from lowes. It has the red lid. Anyway I bought a 3.5 gal. bucket that has a blue lid, its called rapid coat!! I LOVE IT!!! IT goes on so much smoother and easier than the other stuff I was using. The sanding is a lot easier especially on my shoulders. It is a bit more dustier. I just wanted to see if anyone else on here has used this. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

04-23-09, 03:54 AM   #2  
Haven't had the opportunity, yet. I usually am only doing repairs or small fill in jobs, where I tie an sheetrocked wall (or 2) together when remodeling. I use the powdered 20 minute setting compound. That way, working at the speed of light, I can get two or three coats on in a single day, rather than having to come back three days in a row, which is more expensive.

PA

04-23-09, 10:56 AM   #3  
I like that idea. B/c there were days here last 2 weeks that I could have used that fast setting stuff. My neighbor who is in this kind of work, hooked up an old hair dryer and that speeds up the process. It was only on a couple spots that he touched up in our house b/c we were ready to primer and paint.

Search this Thread