Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

HELP - Exterior Stucco Question

05-15-09, 05:05 PM   #1  
HELP - Exterior Stucco Question

Thanks in advance to all who can offer suggestions. I have a house whose foundation has been stucco coated. Long story short on one side of the house I need to add some topsoil to grade the landscaping away from the house ((Currently there is a large amount of exposed stucco with zero grading away from the house)). I have bought some foundation sealer to "Paint" the stucco with to waterproof prior to adding topsoil and grading. Interested in folks opinion if this is wise to do with stucco or am I better off not sealing the stucco.
Thanks in advance for everyone's assistance!!!

Sponsored Links

CAL

05-15-09, 06:26 PM   #2  
Is the whole house stucco?
If not how much distance will there be between the top of the grade and the bottom of the siding?

If so how much distance will there be between the top of the grade and the top of where the foundation is?

Is there a weep screed?

Is there some sort of coating on the buried part of the foundation now?

05-16-09, 04:30 AM   #3  
Posted By: tightcoat Is the whole house stucco?
If not how much distance will there be between the top of the grade and the bottom of the siding?

If so how much distance will there be between the top of the grade and the top of where the foundation is?

Is there a weep screed?

Is there some sort of coating on the buried part of the foundation now?
Tightcoat,
Thanks for your questions!
No the whole house s not stucco. The house is vinyl sided. Just the exposed base is stucco.
I do not know what weep screed is. I think there is a portion of the stucco that is buried right now by dirt - not sure how far it was originally stucco'd.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

05-16-09, 04:52 AM   #4  
Is there a basement? or any part of the house below grade?

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Search this Thread