Sealing Shower From Mildew

Old 06-20-09, 06:46 PM
Sealing Shower From Mildew

Purchased new townhome in Jan 2008. Cleaning the shower has been a disgusting tasks for me as I have a plastic shower, XXX. In between the shower base and tray is gunk which I can't really get to. I am assuming its from the steam and water and from time to time the condensation on the base will drip down and some of what I think is "mold" falls into the shower itself - bits and pieces of gunk. I wonder if this is due to the contractors placing the base and tray inside of the bathroom without extra attention. What can I do to prevent this any further? Can I seal the shower from any further mildew/mold or is this far more technical?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-09, 06:09 AM
Temporarily Suspended
I lived in a place with one of those plastic showers. I was constantly cleaning mold with bleach, tilex & all the rest. Now that I think of it, I probably should have used a pressure washer on it. I don't know if there is any sealer for that. I'm not a fan of sealers anyway.

What kind of exhaust fan is in the bathroom & do you use it?

Old 06-22-09, 09:14 AM
I do not ever use my exhaust fan fan. I have no idea what type it is either. I do apologize.

Old 06-22-09, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
But you do have SOME sort of exhaust fan? You need to use it, the standard recommendation is to run it for 15-20 min after showering to remove humidity.

Old 06-23-09, 05:23 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Use it during the shower, not just after.