Drywall questions

Old 10-20-09, 09:16 PM
Drywall questions

Hi all, I am new here! Hoping to get to know you guys, since I will be starting LOTS of home improvement projects around here.

We are starting on our "public" bathroom. Basically this house was a rental property, and lady we purchased the home was a widow. She was allowing tenants to do repairs(BAD IDEA sometimes). Supposedly the guy that used to live here worked in construction. I don't know...

Anyway, the issue is...

The walls are in pretty bad shape. They were covered with plastic sheeting of some type and used liquid nail type adhesive. Behind that was VERY old wallpaper.

I am trying to make these walls smooth, but nothing seems to be working. I have used sanders, wall paper removal chemicals(yes we are still battling the wallpaper too), I have used multiple 'tips' on removing the wallpaper.

Any ideas would be wonderful:-)

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-09, 04:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums!

Would it be better to laminate over the existing walls with new drywall? It would mean removing and altering the woodwork.

The only other option is to remove all the wallpaper [score the paper to allow moisture back to the adhesive] and then repair what's left.