Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Texture process

kmmand's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 44

11-07-10, 08:04 AM   #1  
Texture process

I have a wall texture in the living room and kitchen of the 150 year old farmhouse. I don't know what it is called or how to match it. It's not the same as a "knockdown" texture that I saw in my sister-in-law's new home. Previous owners have done repairs and matching with not so good results. I have a link to three pictures of it for you to see. Please help!
IMG_1066 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sponsored Links
coops28's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,752

11-07-10, 10:08 AM   #2  
that is an old style plaser knock down. I'm not sure exactly how it was applied originally put you might try getting what is called a crows foot brush and stomp on some mud then knock it down while its still wet. You will have to experiment a little to get a close match. I used a plastic bag to achieve a similar affect once.

stickshift's Avatar
Group Moderator

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 18,479

11-08-10, 09:39 AM   #3  
Best to practice on scrap wood or cardboard until your technique matches, then move to the wall

Search this Thread