Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

ceiling patchwork

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

12-30-00, 06:14 PM   #1  
Hello,
I was recently fiddling around in my un-floored attic, when,WHAM!, I fell through the ceiling (funny huh!) Anyway, I mananged to do a decent job patching this large hole. Now I need to caulk, or paint, or whatever to make it invisible so that it is no longer a funny talking point for visitors. What do I use? And, how do I get the same texture/design that the rest of the ceiling in the room has?
Thank you, jaager6

Sponsored Links

SC

12-30-00, 09:38 PM   #2  
Was the original ceiling drywall or plaster? Whichever, you cannot caulk or paint to make it invisible. As to matching the texture/design, we cannot see it, so unless you want to describe it, we cannot help.

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

12-31-00, 09:58 AM   #3  
Arky's right without additional info on the ceilings texture its hard to advise you.but mabye this basic concept will help. keep your ceilings surface as level as possible because dips or low and high places will show through your finish and if texturing find out the meathod originally used and try to replicate it.good luck and let us know more.

THE HILLBILLY HANDYMAN!

Search this Thread