Need Replacement Parts - Metal Sprayer

Old 08-31-12, 03:54 PM
Need Replacement Parts - Metal Sprayer

I have a no name metal texture sprayer (pneumatic) and it's either really old or the water around here is actually THAT bad... either way, I had to take the entire thing apart this afternoon to clean it (trigger would not close fully). Upon doing so, the spring on the front side of the trigger disintegrated, and the rubber plunger tore.

I live in an area that a replacement sprayer will run me $100 minimum for a consumer model, if I can even find that! I will be ordering a new set online, but would love to be able to repair this gun (could use two - cut work time in half).

Does anyone have any suggestions where I might get these two little replacement parts? I have looked under basic search strings online with no success. I have also tried harvesting a spring from a pair of dog nail clippers, and though I found one at the correct diameter, it's too strong of a spring to work in the gun (wimpy little spring needed). Also, I could likely silicone the rubber plunger thing, but we all know how effective of a solution that usually is.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-12, 04:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Not sure which one you have, but many older hardware stores carry "spring" boxes. Categorized springs in tension, size, and whether in or out pressure. You would be hard pressed to find it at orange or blue unless someone there knew their stuff. As for the plunger, again, combing through old hardware store stock has been my best friend. Can you post a picture of the spring/seat and the gun/hopper? It may ring a bell with some of the older guys. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 08-31-12, 11:00 PM
Will do...

One of the reasons I like this gun so well is that because of its construction, it can handle a higher psi than the plastic ones. It can also be entirely disassembled for cleaning and repair (haha).

I'll get some pics tomorrow.

Old 09-01-12, 05:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I wonder if contacting the manufacture would get you a line on repair parts?

Goldblatt mentions a repair kit at their site - Goldblatt - Catalog