plaster Wall treatments

Old 07-29-13, 06:37 PM
plaster Wall treatments

Ok Correct me if I'm wrong or not but thought I saw a clip on tv a couple years ago about an adhesive product like a mesh that went over plaster walls. to help re-inforce them and provide a textured wall covering. This covering then could be painted.

Am I correct in such a product?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-13, 03:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm not real familiar with it but they sell a wallpaper type covering for reinforcing old walls. You can wallpaper over it or skim coat and/or paint it. Most places that sell wallpaper should either have it or know where you can purchace it.

Old 07-30-13, 05:12 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It has been a while, but I still have a partial roll of mesh tape that is 2 feet wide. I think I bought it at big box store. You would secure the wall of any loose pieces with screws, apply the mesh to the area and skim coat it in place. It would do the same thing as taping a joint between pieces of drywall. Difference being that you are covering and reinforcing an area of the wall instead of a seam.

I used it in a bathroom remodel where I was tiling up a wall half way. There was previous tile there in a mud bed and plaster above. When everything was removed, I had a very rough line of plaster with several cracked areas. I used the extra wide tape to bridge the gap between cement board and plaster and shore up the plaster areas that needed help. The whole mess was then covered mostly with tile and any exposed areas feathered out.

Old 07-31-13, 08:03 PM
Google Nu-Wall. That might be what you have in mind.