Horizontal Crack in my drywall

Old 02-14-14, 01:25 AM
Horizontal Crack in my drywall

I have a crack that is about 1/16 of an inch running from a window to the wall. I could not find any foundation cracks or anything wrong with brick in mortar. I did have one superfical vertical crack on my foundation that I sealed. What could be causing this?

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-14, 03:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums Johnny!

It doesn't appear to be a tape joint so that pretty much means it's either settlement or got hit somehow. I'd repair it and keep an eye on it. No need to be overly concerned unless the crack reappears.

Old 02-15-14, 12:59 AM
If it is settlement should I worry. I have looked over my foundation and brink and the only issues I can find are on 2 of the corners of the slab where part of the concrete has come off and on that is cracking. There are no cracks in the bricks. Thanks for the reply!

Old 02-15-14, 04:50 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Minor settlement cracks are rarely something to be concerned with. I wouldn't give it a second thought unless the crack gets worse or comes back after being repaired.

Settlement isn't just a foundation issue, all lumber has a certain amount of moisture in it when it's nailed up but will dry out more and shrink over time.

Old 02-15-14, 06:13 AM
Thank you sir for your helpful info.