Nail Pops

Old 03-06-14, 12:06 PM
Nail Pops

I am involved with a residing project at a 20 year old townhome development. Manual nailing the new siding is causing numerous nail pops on the interior dry wall.

Is there a recommended easy fix to nail pops that will avoid extensive repainting of the interior walls? For example I don't want to mud the nail pops and then have to repaint a wall.

I am looking for a good product or technique that the typical/average homeowner can use to fill and level the nail pop. I assume any fix will have to be touched up with dab of paint, but on the other hand maybe there is a product that can be tinted to match the wall color.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-14, 12:38 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What type siding are you installing?
There is no simple way to just patch once you've knocked the nails loose, but there may be a better way to nail the siding depending on what it is.
You stuck with having to add a screw beside the pop to pull the drywall back into the stud, drywall compound, prime then paint.
Something's very wrong if just installing siding is causing nail pops.
No sheathing?

Last edited by joecaption1; 03-06-14 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-06-14, 01:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
How old is the wall paint? Touch ups can work depending on the color, type of paint and how long it's been on the wall. An expert painter might be able to tint the paint to make it match better but that is a dying art. I agree with Joe that you need to investigate a better way to nail the siding if nail pops are going to be an issue.