Strange jagged indentations in wall?


Old 05-17-14, 11:01 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 17
Strange jagged indentations in wall?

Hi All -

So I just noticed some weird indentations in one wall of my office. Honestly, I can't recall if they've always been there and I'm just being hyper-critical because of some other fun stuff that's happened this year or if this is a new occurrence. I've attached a few pictures. There's only a few of these patches of indentations and they're all about 5/8" - 3/4" wide and vary from <1" - 2 1/4" tall - but somewhat jagged (as you'll see in the pictures).

I'm curious -

1. Any idea what happened here?
2. Anything to be concerned about?
3. Is this just a standard patch job? The indentation isn't deep at all.

Any thoughts?

Attached Images    

Last edited by SamuraiGreg; 05-17-14 at 11:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-14, 03:02 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 43,823
Those areas have been there a long time so it's nothing to worry about. Either it was a defect in the drywall finishing or they were substandard repairs that were either textured over or painted over many times. It's only cosmetic.

To make them disappear you'd fill the depression with joint compound, sand smooth/level, replicate the texture, prime and paint.
Old 05-18-14, 10:14 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 17
Thanks for the quick reply, marksr, I really appreciate it!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes