Stair Crack in Mortar

Old 05-21-14, 05:50 PM
Stair Crack in Mortar

Hey Guys
I need help my flat was built in the 1970s and ive been living in it for 5 years now, ive never had any issues until recently this crack appeared in my spare room, im not sure how long its been there as that part of the wall was covered by a book shelf but it wasn't there before is it bad ?? Name:  photo (16).jpg
Views: 271
Size:  33.1 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-14, 06:27 PM
Temporarily Suspended
To answer your question, it's not bad but it would be nice to know why it's there. Do you rent the apartment? What floor is it on? How big is the house/building? What is on the other side of that wall?

Old 05-21-14, 06:46 PM
Hi Pulpo

It's a single storey flat that i own, it's 2 bedrooms and its block of 8 apartments the wall is shared one, so i guess i should ask my neighbor if they have an issue on the other side, i do believe its double brick

Old 05-21-14, 07:07 PM
Temporarily Suspended
It probably is double brick but asking your neighbor can't hurt. There are some products that can be used to fill the cracks.

Old 05-22-14, 03:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
How recently did the crack appear? is it possible it was there before [maybe not as bad] and you just didn't notice? Let us know what the neighbor says.

btw - welcome to the forums!

Old 05-22-14, 05:03 AM
As far as a patch is concerned using something like Quikrete mortar repair will make it look good again.