Glue on walls

Old 03-13-01, 07:31 PM
Visiting Guest

In our kitchen along the backsplash behind we found covered behind the wall paper glue or some kind of adhesive that is stuck to the wall. There are also som pits in the drywall that I assume came off with whatever type of wallcovering was removed. The last remodelers tryed spackling around the glue to smooth it out.

What is the best way to fix this? We are removing the cabinets and replacing. Walls are plaster over drywall.

We have a similar situation in the back hall. We removed paneling that was glued to the wall. There is still glue stuck to some spots on the wall and divots in other places where the glue and plaster came off with the paneling.

I cannot see a way to remove the glue. Can I apply another layer of plaster to this? Should I cover the whole wall or feather it in? Will it stick? How thick? Exactly what kind of mud do I use?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-01, 09:07 PM
I had the same problems in my kitchen. I scraped of the majority of the paste; I know it's a lot of work, but it has to be removed. Then, we filled the holes and ended up texturing the walls. It looks fine, but not great. If I had another month before I moved in I would have removed plaster and started all over.