Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Want to change textured walls

maurice53's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 36

04-27-15, 02:27 PM   #1  
Want to change textured walls

I have textured walls, painted, probably semi-gloss. I do not like the texture. I want smooth walls. What is the best way to do this? Skim coat with plaster? If so should I sand the texture to get better adhesion of the plaster?

Sponsored Links
marksr's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 42,804

04-27-15, 02:32 PM   #2  
Scuff sand the walls with 80 grit sandpaper and them skim coat with joint compound.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Search this Thread