patching hole in plaster


Old 03-31-01, 07:20 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I removed a thermostat from my plastered wall. I now have a 2" by 4" hole in the wall. How do I repair this??

Thank You
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-01, 01:26 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I once had same problem.My solution was to cut a slightly larger than hole size piece of cardboard. Thru the center of the cardboard I punched a very small hole to run a length of string thru it. On the back side I tied a pencil. Place the cardboard thru the hole while holding the other end of your string. Pull tight and the cardboard will come flush against the wall inside. Place a layer of drywall patch in hole while holding the string tighlty. This will take a couple of applications. Before the last appl. cut the string and run your patch over the whole area. Sand and you should be done.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes