Drywall Repair

Old 04-18-01, 01:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Drywall Repair

We recently bought a house and it needs a lot of updating. And I'm new to the home improvement world. But I'm very excited and eager to learn. I was ripping off some wallpaper that is very old and super thick. Anyway as I was ripping it off it ripped parts of the dry wall surface off, no holes. How do I go about repairing this in an inexpensive way? This will be my first attempt. I've seen it done, but not sure what I need to go out and purchase and all that good stuff? Any tips?

[Edited by acrmorris on 04-20-01 at 05:41]

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-01, 08:33 AM
mrslpdaley
Visiting Guest
me too

I have the exact problem. Let me know if and how you resolved your problem.

Old 06-04-01, 12:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Wink !

if its small you will need spackle and a good puddy knife 3 inch blade !
if it is a mid quarter size lets say get a small box of durabond mix a small amount with water in a plastic mudding try you can fine this at your local hardware store
and a 4 inch plaster knife -also pick up a drywall sanding sponge there to -mix up a batch you will have from 5 min till 90 mins of total working time per batch -depending as to with product the store carries i would stay away from the five min stuff unless your a pro !
you will spread it in and let it sit after you semi smooth it out for min 8 to 24 hours and then sand it smooth prime and paint make sure you clean and dry the tools so they are ready for the next use these knifes will rust and then you just have to toss them !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread